MULTIPLE WORLD RECORD AND COMMONWEALTH RECORDS HONOURED AT LONGINES RECORDS CLUB
April 17, 2018
The best of the Commonwealth Games athletes came together for the busiest morning yet at Longines Records Club, with three world records and 11 Commonwealth Games records honoured in a special morning at the Broadbeach location.
Longines, the Official Timekeeper and Official Partner of the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games (GC2018), is committed to honouring every World Record broken at GC2018, by presenting world record breakers a limited edition Conquest V.H.P. Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games watch, a certificate and a donation in their name to UNICEF. In addition, Commonwealth Games Record breakers were presented with a certificate and a donation in their name to UNICEF.
Longines Timing CEO, Mr Alain Zobrist alongside CGF Vice President New Zealand Kereyn Smith and GOLDOC General Manager Strategic Engagement, Patrick Vidgen were there to acknowledge the athletes exceptional efforts.
• Swimming, Women's 4x100m Freestyle Relay, Shayna Jack, Bronte Campbell, Emma McKeon, Cate Campbell, Australia, 3:30.05
• Athletics (Track & Field), Men's Para Sport 100m T37, Charl Du Toit, South Africa, 11.35
• Athletics (Track & Field), Women's Para Sport, Hollie Arnold, Wales, Javelin Throw F46, 44.43
The Commonwealth Games Record breakers honoured this morning were:
• Swimming, Women's 50m Freestyle, Cate Campbell, Australia, 23.88
• Swimming, Women's 50m Freestyle, Cate Campbell, Australia, 23.78
• Swimming, Women’s 100m Freestyle, Cate Campbell, Australia, 52.64
• Swimming, Women’s 100m Freestyle, Bronte Campbell, Australia, 52.27
• Swimming, Women's 4 x100m Medley Relay, Bronte Campbell, Emma McKeon, Australia, 3:54.36
• Swimming, Women’s 100m Butterfly, Emma McKeon, Australia, 56.78
• Swimming, Women’s 4 x 200m Freestyle, Emma McKeon, 7:48.04
• Cycling Track, Women's B&VI Sprint, Jessica Gallagher, Australia, 10.954
• Cycling Track, Women's B&VI 1000m Time Trial, Jessica Gallagher, Australia, 1:07.165
• Athletics (Track & Field), Women's Para sport Long jump T38, Olivia Breen, Wales, 4.86
• Weightlifting, Men's 94Kg, Steven Kari, Papua New Guinea, Clean & Jerk 216Kg
• Shooting, Women’s 10m Air Pistol, Manu Bhaker, India, 388
The next and final Longines Records Ceremony will take place at Longines Records Club on Sunday 15 April at 12noon.
Conquest V.H.P. Gold Coast Commonwealth Games 2018
Today, the new Conquest V.H.P. represents the ultimate step in the quartz precision worn on the wrist. It is equipped with a movement developed by the ETA manufacturing company exclusively for Longines.Discover Conquest V.H.P.